When I sent my PC in to the manufacturers, the NVIDIA control panel worked fine. When I got it back, it didn’t work. I forgot about it for a while (no real need to access it, everything else was working), and when I checked it again it was working, but I never figured out what the cause and solution was.
Well, I installed multiple monitors yesterday and today I’m having the same problem again. After Googling around, I came across this useful article that turned out to have the solution:
- Start > Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services
Start > Run > services.msc
- Find NVIDIA Display Driver Service.
- Stop service.
- NVIDIA Control Panel may display if you previously tried to access it. If so, close the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Start the NVIDIA Display Driver Service
- Right-click on the desktop, select NVIDIA Control Panel
- NVIDIA Control Panel will open