This morning was an interesting chain of events:
- Contacted by a coworker who was wanting to use one of the parser tools I’ve put up (http://www.datarave.net/meridian/dch.php), but said my website was down.
- Investigated and confirmed.
- Attempted to access the host provider (hostmonster.com), website did no resolve DNS, or ping, or return a webpage.
- Looked up phone number from old email (hosting plan renewal notification). Called. Line connects to silence. After extended silence, the line rings 4 times, then goes silent again. After a bit more silence the call is disconnected. Retested several times, always the same results.
- Found http://iidrn.com/hostmonster.com.html said that the site is really down. Comments on site indicate that this is one of many outages this last week.
- Checked twitter https://twitter.com/search?q=hostmonster&src=typd&mode=realtime found multiple people complaining about hostmonster and affiliate outages
- Checked @hostmonster and @hostmonsterhelp, no updates
Site is up right now, but I expect it to not be stable.